The Great Northern Brotherhood of Canadian Cartoonists
Intended for mature audiences
In Dominion, on Milverton Street there stands a handsome old building, with a pink stone facade and the familiar Canadian cartoon characters over the doorway. It was the Great Northern Brotherhood of Canadian Cartoonists, erected in 1935 and the last standing building of the once prestigious members-only organization. For years, this building, filled with art deco lamps, simple handcrafted wood furniture, and halls and halls of black-and-white portraits of Canada's best cartoonists, was where the professionals of the Great White North's active comics community met, gathered in their dark green blazers to drink cocktails, eat, dance, and discuss all things cartooning.